The control of language is an essential policy in the establishment of a totalitarian society.
Syria: Biased reporting
I have been following media reports about the situation in Syria and have become increasingly annoyed about the ‘editorial’ style of reporting events.
What do I mean by this?
Well, I want to know what is happening in Syria but I’m getting biased reports from news channels and reporters.
Every story seems to be an editorial.
In other words, journalists insist on putting their own ‘spin’ on the story.
By selecting certain adjectives and using other literary tools, the author manipulates the reader.
- ‘The regime of President Bashir al-Assad’.
- ‘The Assad regime’.
- ‘Syrian rebels’.
- ‘Syrian protesters’.
Notice the use of the word ‘regime’ instead of ‘government’.
Also, see how the MSM describes terrorists as “protesters” and “rebels”.
Politically Correct words and phrases
However, it’s much more than that; political correctness is used as a form of mind control.
The phrase ‘best man for the job’ is now politically incorrect; it’s now ‘best person for the job’.
Some words have not been replaced but have taken on a new meaning.
For example, the word ‘fascist’ now means anyone who disagrees with the far-left.
Furthermore, the word ‘dictator’ now means any leader who does not agree with the UK government.
A list of 100 politically correct words and phrases:
- Homosexual – Gay
- Homeless – Outdoor urban dwellers
- Insane – Reality challenged
- Perverted – Sexually dysfunctional
- Prostitute – Sex worker / Sex care provider
- Stupid – Intellectually impaired / Unschooled
- Dishonest – Ethically disorientated
- Dustbin Man – Sanitation Engineer
- Insult – Emotional rape
- Bisexual prostitute – Equal opportunity prostitute
- Poor – Economically marginalised
- Immigrant – Newcomer
- Illegal immigrant – Irregular immigrant / undocumented worker
- Right wing protest – Riot
- Left wing riot – Protest
- Drunk – Inebriated / chemically inconvenienced
- Terrorist – Freedom fighter / rebel / protester / insurgent
- Global warming – Climate change
- Job losses – Job restructuring
- Criminal – Behaviourally challenged
- Broken Home – Dysfunctional family
- Caretaker – Site engineer
- Fat – Metabolic overachiever
- Slum area – Economically deprived area
- Foreign food – Ethnic cuisine
- Housewife – Domestic engineer
- Jungle – Rain forest
- Natural disaster – Global warming incident
- Sex change – Gender reassignment
- Tramp – Homeless person
- Unemployed – Economically inactive
- Preferential treatment – Affirmative action
- Racist – Someone who disagrees with the far-left
- Nazi – Someone who disagrees with the far-left
- Fascist – Someone who disagrees with the far-left
- Husband – Partner
- Wife – Partner
- Dictator – Leader who refuses to obey the UK government
- Tyrant – Leader who refuses to obey the UK government
- Regime – Government that refuses to obey UK government
- Crime rate – Street activity index
- Robbery – Wealth redistribution
- Vomiting – Unplanned re-examination of recent food choices
- Lying – Economical with the truth
- Wanted criminal – Person of interest
- Patriot – Troublemaker / pest / nuisance / agitator
- Promiscuous – Sex addict
- Chairman – Chairperson / Chair
- Fireman – Firefighter
- Merry Christmas – Season’s Greetings
- Blackboard – Chalkboard
- Illegal voter – Undocumented voter
- Bribe – Public service bonus
- Christmas – Winter Festival
- Lies – Alternative facts
- Printing money – Quantitative easing
- Immigrants – Labour supporters
- Illegal subletting – Irregular subletting
- Shoplifting – Irregular shopping
- Black sheep – Outcast
- Blackmail – Extortion
- Postman – Mail carrier
- Manhole – Utility hole
- Blacklisted – Banned
- Murder – Unauthorised termination of life
- Rational fear – Phobia
- Uneducated – Unschooled / Lacking a formal education
- Flip chart – Easel (Flip is a derogatory word for Filipinos)
- Mexican – Hispanic
- Dustman – Sanitation engineer
- Ghetto – Economically deprived area
- Housewife – Domestic engineer
- Illegal aliens – Undocumented migrants
- Ugly – Visually unfavourable
- Lazy – Motivationally deficient
- Unemployed – Unintentionally at leisure / non-waged
- Smelly – Nasally disturbing
- Best man for the job – Best person for the job
- Man in the street – Average person
- Waitress – Server
- Failure – Non-traditional success
- Forefathers – Ancestors
- Man-made – Artificial
- Manpower – Human resources
- Mankind – Humanity
- Right-hand man – Chief assistant
- Christian name – Forename
- Sportsmanship – Fairness
- Tax man – Tax officer
- Workmanlike – Efficient
- Steward – Flight attendant
- Stewardess – Flight attendant
- Deaf – Hearing impairment
- Disease – Disorder
- Businessman – Business person
- Actress – Actor
- Manageress – Manager
- Spinster – Bachelorette
- White lie – Lie
- Plastic surgery – Cosmetic surgery
Britons have been gagged by political correctness.
The British National Party believes in freedom of speech and also believes that criticism and dissent are essential in a democracy.
The far-left uses slur words against their political opponents because they have lost the argument.
Controlling the language is crucial in a totalitarian system.
The author George Orwell in his book Politics and the English Language wrote: “If thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought”.
Newspeak is a form of English that is controlled by the state to corrupt happiness and free thought.