People who have paid in all their lives deserve to be well treated in retirement.
It is important to introduce measures to relieve the pressures of an aging population.
The BNP will:
- End the scandal of elderly people being forced to sell their homes to afford nursing care
- Encourage active pensioners to continue working beyond retirement age, on favourable tax terms
- Raise the guaranteed state pension to £150 per week and restore the link to average wages
- Reduce the current annual allowance for tax relief on pension contributions to £100,000, benefiting those who manage to save the least
- Combine health and social care and bring both under the authority of the NHS