Phase out reliance on French electricity and create thousands of well-paid manufacturing jobs by investing in a massive British-owned energy self-sufficiency programme.
- Immediately bring a halt to the unpopular and hazardous practice of ‘fracking’
- Scrap expansion plans for inefficient and environmentally detrimental windfarms
- Reopen profitable coal mines to relieve our dependence on imported coal
- Support greater use of nuclear power and encourage research into even safer technologies
- Develop carbon capture technology for fossil fuel powerstations
- Cut energy bills