One of the key tests of a state is its ability to protect its citizens. It is vital that our people feel safe and secure.
No one should have to fear that their property or person will be unlawfully interfered with. We must restore public confidence in our justice system.
• Restore Capital Punishment as an option for judges in extreme cases, such as child killers and terrorists
• Crack-down on crime, with more police on the streets
• Implement zero tolerance for drug-dealers and violent thugs
• Tougher treatment of criminals
• Ensure a separation between mental health and criminal problems
• Introduce compulsory treatment for drug addicts who have committed crimes
• Invest in projects to design out crime by better planning of neighbourhoods and products